25 December 2008

The plague, the Christmas

The plague

So I missed a blog cycle (I've been trying for every other day). I have a pretty good excuse. I had the Black Death. Or so it seems. Sometime during the night of the 23rd I started a full system purge that kept me awake and in the bathroom most of the night. The 24th was mostly spent lounging about trying to recharge. Today is ok.

The Christmas

We drove down to the St Louis area to spend Christmas with my mother-in-law. We'll stay with her till we fly out for the NL. Always a good time

Grandma T insists every year, over our protests, that our boys need a huge pile of plastic toys. Despite this training in full-bore, American-style, too-much-is-never-enough consumerism, the boys remain blissfully oblivious. Of course this is Leif's first Christmas with us. Ethan this year asked for two things, Kapla Blocks, and toothpaste. He's a sensible boy. He got those things and was grateful for them. The rest of the pile was appreciated, but he was much more interested in giving out presents to others than in unwrapping his own pile. This makes me pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment