09 February 2009

Hair cuts

Shaggy boys















Less-shaggy boys










I want a refund

I didn't bring the clippers from home. Despite wind-swept medium-length androgynous locks being all the rage over here, I just couldn't stand it.  At this time of year at home, it's cold enough to make the long hair rewarding.  Not here.  So, for the first time since I was married when I had one at my wife's insistence, I got a professional haircut.

Paying someone to cut my hair seems like paying someone to give me a spongebath or cut my fingernails.  I really could do it just as well myself.   Besides, I asked to be made to look like Daniel Craig.   I clearly do not look like Daniel Craig.  I want a refund.

At least Ethan looks cute.  Leif is keeping the long hair for now.


Lecture series kick-off

I started my lecture series at VU today.  It went reasonably well.  I covered inversion of the Radon transform.  I had six students and two faculty.  No one had seen it before, but they seemed to follow.  I was a little out of it because...

I had the Dutch plague

I was the last in the family to catch the Dutch plague.  It hit Saturday night and by this morning I was 3 kg lighter.  I'm feeling fine tonight, but was still a little spacey for the lecture.

Word of the day

kapsel.  Haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment